For information about becoming a partner, please contact us!
The Greene County Food Security Partnership (GCFSP) is working to increase access to public and private food assistance programs and to continue building broad community engagement in ending hunger.
Each of these organizations is involved in the Partnership in varying degrees of engagement and participation. Each organization, however, brings a unique perspective to addressing the issues of food security and community engagement. The Partnership continues to reach out to new organizations and volunteers.
The Community Foundation of Greene County is the convener and facilitator and has assumed the role of fiduciary and fiscal sponsor for the Partnership. The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank provides support through their Outreach staff and VISTA volunteer. The remaining partners participate through attendance at the monthly Partnership and committee meetings, conducting outreach, providing services and through in-kind and financial contributions.
The Greene County Food Security Partnership Members
The Greene County Food Security Partnership currently represents the following community groups:
- Carmichaels Area School District
- Community Action Southwest
- Head Start/Early Head Start
- Meals on Wheels
- Senior Services
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Carmichaels Community Volunteers
- Carmichaels Free Methodist Church
- Centerville Clinics – Retired Senior Volunteer Program
- Central Greene School District
- Community Foundation of Greene County
- Corner Cupboard Food Bank, Inc.
- Eva K. Bowlby Public Library
- Food Security Partnership of Southwest Pennsylvania
- Flenniken Public Library
- Gateway Health
- Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank
- Greater Waynesburg Christian Outreach
- Greene County Association of School Retirees
- Greene County Commissioners
- Greene County Human Services Department – Early Intervention
- Greene County United Way
- Intermediate Unit One – Homeless Children’s Initiative
- Literacy Council of Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Penn State University Extension Office – Greene County
- Rotary Club of Waynesburg
- Salvation Army of Greene County
- Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging, Inc.
- Southwest Regional Medical Center
- Washington Greene County Blind Association
- West Greene School District
- Waynesburg University
- Westmoreland County Community College